One of the two mightiest battleships in the German Navy. Akin to the lead ship of her class, Tirpitz had heavy ship armor, powerful artillery and a high speed. Weak horizontal armor protection was the main drawback of her design, but this was largely offset by improving her AA defense.
- Fast turret traverse and main battery reload time (26 seconds) for a battleship.
- Good shell velocity.
- Excellent top speed at 30.7 knots.
- Good side hull armor.
- Decent range at 21.4km.
- Good credit-earner.
- Has one quadruple torpedo tube on each side located near amidships.
- Best rudder shift time at its tier (tied with Bismarck).
- Well-protected citadel and impressive durability. Tirpitz is among the hardest ships in the game to land citadel hits against; most AP shells will land normal penetrations and are thus easier to repair damage from.
- Insanely good secondary fire and suppression.
- Stellar anti-aircraft. Capable of fending off most Tier IX and below with a small escort.
- Lower (for her tier and class) caliber shells result in fewer overpenetrations against broadside cruisers.
- 15-inch guns have trouble with angled enemy battleships (use HE against the superstructure or choose a different target).
- Only has eight (8) barrels, while every other ship at this tier has nine (9) or more of a higher caliber.
- Guns are very inaccurate at long range, and lose much of their penetration power.
- Torpedoes only have a 6.0 km range, making them close in, if not defensive only weapons.
- Torpedo tubes are vulnerable as they have a good chance to be frequently incapacitated to outright destroyed.
- Weak deck armor makes the battleship susceptible to plunging fire at long range.
- Weak torpedo protection, although better than North Carolina.
- Extremely vulnerable to fires. Superstructures can be set on fire by calibers of any size quite easily.